Intense red garnet in color, this stately pinot noir leads with concentrated aromas of black cherry, violet and tea leaf. The muscular palate is densely packed with flavors of blueberries, black plum, spice and cola. The lengthy finish is punctuated by firm, grainy tannins and earthy notes of forest floor.
Harvest Date September 8 - 9
Growing Season 2014 was the third straight outstanding growing season in a row, following the excellent 2012 and 2013 vintages. Dry winter and spring conditions limited canopy vigor, and a warm growing season with a lack of extreme heat spikes resulted in prolonged, even ripening through harvest. The resulting wines possess great site specificity, depth and quality.
• Hand-harvested; picked at night
• Hand-sorted while still cold from the field; 7% whole cluster inclusion
• 5-day cold soak, 16 days total maceration
• Fermented in small, open-top stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts
• Gentle punchdowns and pumpovers
• Aged 15 months in French Oak barrels; 65% new
• Coopers: Cadus, Louis Latour, Francois Frères, Damy, Remond
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrels
• Unfined and unfiltered; bottled January 2016