Pale straw in the glass, the 2015 Cuvée Agustina Chardonnay reveals seductive aromas of spiced pear and freshly squeezed lemon anchored by the vineyard’s hallmark essence of volcanic rock and clay. These powerful aromatics give way to succulent flavors of custard and golden delicious apple charged by an energetic acidity, as strong mineral, and subtle savory notes unfurl throughout the lengthy finish. Luscious with fresh fatty shellfish, homemade pasta topped with a simple beurre blanc, or roast chicken seasoned with Herbs de Provence. Serve at 45°-50° F.
Harvest Date September 12th
Growing Season A true test of our vineyard team’s mettle, the challenges of the 2015 season commenced early with cold, damp, windy conditions during bloom causing poor set, and unevenly ripened clusters - what is known as ‘shot berries’. The remainder of the season steadied, and with much handwork and fruit thinning, delivered ripe and balanced fruit of high quality. Harvest was early across the board, a common occurrence when the vine carries a light crop.
• Whole cluster pressed while still cold from the field
• Barrel fermented with indigenous yeasts; 8 months to completion
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrel
• Sur lie aging, biweekly bâtonnage
• Aged 15 months in French oak barrels; 75% new
• Coopers: Damy, Francois Frères, Louis Latour
• Bottled unfined and unfiltered; January, 2017