The appearance of this 2015 Chardonnay from the Edward James Estate approaches opalescence with a lemon yellow hue, touched by a chlorophyllic green tint. On the nose, vivid aromas of citrus fruit and a hint of shaved ginger are accented by delicate white florals and wet river rock. Rich flavors of brioche, honeysuckle and Bosc pear ride a pure backbone of focused, crunchy acidity. Enjoy with fresh summer salads, herbed goat cheese or grilled wild Alaskan halibut. Serve at 45°-50° F.
Harvest Date September 2nd, 9th
Growing Season A true test of our vineyard team’s mettle, the challenges of the 2015 season commenced early with cold, damp, windy conditions during bloom causing poor set, and unevenly ripened clusters - what is known as ‘shot berries’. The remainder of the season steadied, and with much handwork and fruit thinning, delivered ripe and balanced fruit of high quality. Harvest was early across the board, a common occurrence when the vine carries a light crop.
• Whole cluster pressed while still cold from the field
• Barrel fermented with indigenous yeasts; 8 months to completion
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrel
• Sur lie aging, biweekly bâtonnage
• Aged 15 months in French oak barrels; 67% new
• Coopers: Caduis Damy, Francois Frères, Gauthier ,Louis Latour, Remond
• Bottled unfined and unfiltered; January, 2017