The 2015 Chardonnay from the Ross Station Estate offers a pale straw hue with graceful aromatics of honeysuckle, stone fruit, and apple blossom. Seemingly endless layers of flavor emerge with Honeycrisp apple, Eureka lemon, and white peach. Focused acidity lifts the experience on the palate, highlighting good minerality throughout the long, refreshing finish. Pair with prawns a la plancha, tuna tartar or a decadent Époisses. Serve at 45°-50° F.
Harvest Date September 1st, 7th, 11th
Growing Season A true test of our vineyard team’s mettle, the challenges of the 2015 season commenced early with cold, damp, windy conditions during bloom causing poor set, and unevenly ripened clusters - what is known as ‘shot berries’. The remainder of the season steadied, and with much handwork and fruit thinning, delivered ripe and balanced fruit of high quality. Harvest was early across the board, a common occurrence when the vine carries a light crop.
• Whole cluster pressed while still cold from the field
• Barrel fermented with indigenous yeasts; 7 months to completion
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrel
• Sur lie aging, biweekly bâtonnage
• Aged 15 months in French oak barrels; 68% new
• Coopers: Damy, Francois Frères, Gauthier, Louis Latour, Remond
• Bottled unfined and unfiltered; January, 2017