Deep ruby with a rich blue hue, the 2015 Cuvée Agustina Pinot Noir from the Katherine Lindsay Estate captivates with an aromatic complexity of crushed blackberry, high-toned raspberry, bergamot and violet. Flavors of fleshy black cherry and vanilla seamlessly integrate within a rich, full body. Silky tannins and salivating acidity lend a manifest dynamism to this wine. Complement with seared foie drizzled with a sour cherry reduction, or in wintertime, enjoy with freshly shaved truffles atop a simple risotto. Serve at 50°-55° F.
Harvest Date September 10th, 12th
Growing Season A true test of our vineyard team’s mettle, the challenges of the 2015 season commenced early with cold, damp, windy conditions during bloom causing poor set, and unevenly ripened clusters - what is known as ‘shot berries’. The remainder of the season steadied, and with much handwork and fruit thinning, delivered ripe and balanced fruit of high quality. Harvest was early across the board, a common occurrence when the vine carries a light crop.
• Hand-sorted while still cold from the field; 6% whole cluster inclusion
• Fermented in small, open-top stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts
• 5-day cold soak, 16 day maceration
• Gentle punchdowns and pumpovers
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrel
• Aged 15 months in French oak barrels; 75% new
• Coopers: Cadus, Damy, Francois Frères, Gauthier, Louis Latour
• Bottled unfined and unfiltered; January, 2017