Harvest Date September 10 & 13
Growing Season The warm, dry soils at the end of February triggered budbreak a month early. A temperate summer with moderate, steady temperatures allowed the fruit to reach optimal maturity with good hang time for the full development of character and flavors.
• Hand harvested grapes
• Fermented in an open-top fermentor , with punchdown cap management
• 5-day cold maceration, 28 days total maceration
• Fermentation with indigenous yeast
• 21-months in French oak barrels, 50% new
• Unblended, unfined, unfiltered; bottled August 1999