Harvest Date October 8
Growing Season A cool, damp, spring delayed the start of the growing season, and contributed to a small crop yield. An extended, warm Indian Summer allowed the fruit to reach maturity with rich, complex flavors.
• Hand-harvested grapes
• Whole cluster, direct-to-press
• Barrel fermented with indigenous yeast, 8 months to completion
• Concurrent, spontaneous malolactic fermentation
• Barrel aged 10 months, 55% new French oak, sur-lies and stirred
• Unblended, unfined; bottled August 1999