Harvest Date September 30 - October 2
Growing Season The El Niño influenced spring delayed the start of the growing season and contributed to a small crop yield. An extended Indian Summer allowed the fruit to reach maturity with rich, complex flavors.
• Hand-harvested grapes
• Fermented in small, open-top stainless steel fermentors.
• Fermentation with indigenous yeast, 18 to 27 days to
• Malolactic fermentation in barrels
• Barrel aged 14 months, 75% new Francois Freres oak barrels
• Unblended, unfined, unfiltered; bottled December 1999