Harvest Date October 13
Growing Season The cool summer months in the southeastern corner of Napa Valley were ideal conditions to develop intense flavors and complexity in the grapes. The warm Indian summer weather in October fully ripened the fruit to produce some of the best wines of the decade.
• Hand harvested grapes
• Fermented in an open-top stainless steel fermentors
• 5-day cold maceration, 21 days total maceration
• Fermentation with indigenous yeast
• 18-months in French oak barrels, 65% new
• Unblended, unfined, unfiltered; bottled April, 2001