Harvest Date September 26
Growing Season Diligent work in the vineyard to limit a large crop set helped optimize flavor intensity and richness in the grapes. Cool weather in late September and October extended the harvest providing for enhanced flavor development.
• Hand-harvested grapes
• Whole cluster, direct-to-press
• Barrel fermented with indigenous yeast, 9 months to completion
• Concurrent, spontaneous malolactic fermentation
• Barrel aged 16 months, 61% new French oak, sur-lies and stirred
• Unblended, unfined; bottled January 2002