Harvest Date September 28
Growing Season Warm days and cool nights during the growing season resulted in a crop with excellent color, fully developed flavors and great acidity. Diligent work in the vineyard to limit a large crop set helped optimize richness in the grapes. Cool weather during harvest provided enhanced flavor development.
• Hand harvested grapes
• Fermented in an open-top stainless steel fermentors
• 5-day cold maceration, 21 days total maceration
• Fermentation with indigenous yeast
• 18-months in French oak barrels, 65% new
• Unblended, unfined, unfiltered; bottled April 2002