Harvest Date September 13
Growing Season Diligent work in the vineyard to limit a large crop set helped optimize flavor intensity and richness in the grapes. Moderate summer weather in the Carneros promoted excellent depth and flavor development in our Pinot Noir.
• Hand-harvested grapes
• Fermented in small, open-top stainless steel fermentors
• Fermentation with indigenous yeasts
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrels, 10 months to completion
• Aged 16 months in 90% new French oak barrels from Remond, Francois Freres, and Cadus
• Unblended, unfined, unfiltered; bottled January 2002