Harvest Date September 17
Growing Season A cold spring and evenly cool summer resulted in fruit with excellent depth and flavor. Additionally, much work in the vineyard to limit a large crop set helped to further optimize flavor intensity and richness in the grapes.
• Hand-harvested grapes
• Fermented in small, open-top stainless steel fermentors
• Fermentation with indigenous yeasts
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrels, 10 months to completion
• Aged 16 months in 80% new French oak barrels from Remond, Francois Freres, and Cadus
• Unblended, unfined, unfiltered; bottled January 2003