Harvest Date October 23
Growing Season The Russian River Valley experienced unusual cooling and warming trends throughout the growing season of 2003, calling for meticulous work in the vineyard from spring to fall. Careful attention to the vines, combined with generous amounts of sunlight over the long days of summer, reaped fruit of complexity and intensity.
• Hand-harvested grapes
• Whole cluster press, cold
• Barrel fermented with indigenous yeasts; 10 months to completion
• Concurrent native malolactic fermentation in barrels; 8 months to completion
• Barrel aged 15 months, 75% new French oak, sur lies and stirred
• Unblended, unfined and unfiltered; Bottled January 2004