Harvest Date September 30
Growing Season Extended, cool spring weather resulted in late bud break. An ideal, long, temperate growing season followed, allowing for slow, full and even ripening of the fruit. Harvest began later than usual. The resulting wines can be characterized as rich and elegant with gorgeous aromatics.
• Hand-harvested grapes
• Whole cluster, direct to press, cold
• Barrel fermented with indigenous yeasts; 2 months to completion
• Concurrent spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrels; 5 months to completion
• Aged 15 months in French oak barrels; 70% new (Francois Freres, Remond and Damy).
• Aged sur lies and batonnage biweekly.
• Unblended, unfined and unfiltered; bottled January 2007