Growing Season The 2016 growing season was cooler on average than the previous three vintages, with lower temperatures during the day and cooler nights. Although harvest started a week earlier than average, weather remained stable throughout the growing season. No significant heat spikes took place during the ripening phase, yet fruit came in all at once over a two to three-week period. Overall, the 2016 delivers optimal quality and an expressive fruit profile.
• Whole cluster pressed while still cold from the field
• Barrel fermented with indigenous yeasts; 7 months to completion
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrel
• Sur lie aging, biweekly bâtonnage
• Aged 15 months in French oak barrels; 70% new
• Coopers: Damy, Francois Frères, Louis Latour, Cadus
• Bottled unfined and unfiltered; January, 2018